My lil Joy is graduating from Preschool! I am so proud of him! He is so sweet,so funny and so smart! He makes me laugh every.single.day! I remember the first day I held him in my arms - I knew instantly my life would never be the same again. I didn't really know what to expect but I knew my heart never felt so overwhelmingly big and life seemed to automatically have purpose and make sense. It is a challenging,scary,rewarding job raising children. We make sure to read all the books while we are pregnant and we try our best to make sure we have a schedule to help our child cope with the day to day things. We brush their teeth and make sure they are on track with their development. We question if we do things right because someone else does things differently. We tend to put a lot of unnecessary pressure on ourselves as mothers. Sometimes... we need to throw caution to the wind (not that we don't need to brush their teeth and such,lol) but we need to worry less and jsut have fun and be in the moment!
I say this because I can't believe that Jayce is going into Kindergarten, it's going by so fast- and ya know, all the moms with older kids tell us all the time- "Before you know it, they will be in high school!" If I doubted before, I don't anymore!
One of the best things I decided to do when I was pregnant was to make sure not only did I feel out their baby books, but I wrote a letter to them each month of their first year and then after that first yr I write letters every couple of months. To tell them what they have been up to but also to give them advice on things with the date and my age on it..that way they can see that I am not their old mom giving advice,lol but a woman in her 20's that happens to be the mother to two of the best kiddos around! The other reason why I say it was the best thing I have done is because I am afraid. I'm afraid that I will not remember every lil' detail about their life that has brought me so much joy!
I also wanted to mentioned something we decided to do when our kids turned the BIG 1. I think it is a fun idea and maybe you could do it, if you haven't already did something like this. I had everyone significant in their lives bring 2 letter in a closed envelope ( I knew I would be tempted to read them,lol!!) I asked them to write one letter to Jayce and Jadyn speaking to them at the age of one and then a letter speaking to them at 16. I will give them their special boxes filled with love on their 16th birthdays. And the neat thing is they are going to be reading a letter that is relevant to their age from someone who most likely will not be around then, like their great grandparents.
Well, now I am going to go and get their baby books out and go down memory lane!!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh...Shay! What a great mom you are! I too, remember when my first started kindergarten. I cried at the thought.
I LOVE the letter idea. Right in the midst of their peer pressure they can get a great letter from people who love them. I should have done this. I guess I still can! And, yes. I did not write down much--always figured I would for sure remember. And, my 8 and 9 year old are always asking me to tell them about when they were a baby. "Uh..."
I mostly remember eating Dairy Queen a lot at night to regain my sanity. But, I can't tell them that. Or, the time I locked myself in the closet cause I thought I was going to strangle them.
So, I can tell you are an amazing mom and you should be proud. I know our hubby must be!
He is my heart Thank you guys for being the parents that you are because Jayce has all those good points from you guys he is the greatest little boy i know because of you guys keep up the great work it shows in both my little grandkids I love you all
That is such a sweet idea. I did something similar for my girls' first birthdays. It is so important to write and to journal for your kids. It will mean so much to them and help them through situations when they are older. I've been thinking about starting a video diary too. I think that would be pretty cool...especially if, God forbid, something happened to me. Well I hope the transition to kindergarten is easy for the both of you ;-) I'm sure you will be fine...eventually, lol.
Sweet Caroline....you really make me laugh! and thanks for the compliments! and you should still do it! I'm gonna remember your Cinderella theory because believe me Im gonna use it!!!
I thought the the same thing Christina abt the video diary! I seen someone on Oprah who did it!!lol
shana i am spending my Friday night reading ur blogs. With this comes alot of tears and smiles. I look at this pic of Jayce and think Caleb will be graduating from VPK in June and Brandon will go into 6th grade next year. It does go by fast, and there are alot of things i forget until someone says "do u remember when" what i do know is u are a wonderful mom, and if u have any reason to think different then i need u to know how inspiring u are to me. I look up to u in more ways then 1 and even though we dont see each other i know when we do its gonna be like no time has been lost. love ya girl!
Post a Comment