Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day













Before I was a MomI never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put them down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when Couldn't stop the hurt
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom -I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.


Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow Mommies!
I know some of the best moms out there and I want to thank you for sharing moments with me that you have with your children. I have learned a lot about Mothering from you and I appreciate that I have awesome Moms around me that I can learn from, grow with and share this journey with!



and to the absolute most fabulous Hubby and Daddy I know....Brian- thank you babe, for helping me raise our 2 beautiful kids!! I always wanted a daddy that I could crawl up in his lap and simply watch cartoons with or a daddy that I could run to when I was scared, and he would wrap me into arms and instantly, I would feel safe. As you know, this list could go on and on...but what is important is.. I might not of had the kind of daddy I wished for myself but my prayers have WAAAY surpassed what I wanted for my kids! and I couldn't be more thankful that my Jayce and Jadyn have you as their Daddy!


and Happy Mother's Day to the most unselfish loving Mother I know my Momma! I love you with my whole heart and I thank you for doing the best you could with me and Joe. No one will truly understand the stuff we have went thru as a family and what you have endured. You are so strong and forgiving, I hope that my kids love me as much as I love you. You are my Best Friend.

2 comments:

UR HUBS said...

WOW.... Dont you know this is mothers day and not fathers day lady!!!!! but thanks for making me cry like one. Anyway, YOU ARE THE MOST INCREDIBLE PERSON, FRIEND, WIFE, DAUGHTER, LOVER, YES I SAID IT , CONFIDANT, COOK, WRITER, THINKER, HOST, LIFE OF THE PARTY, EMOTIONALLY CONNECTED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S STORYS ON TV PERSON, LOL, TEACHER, DOCTOR, LAWYER, GROOMER, ALL FINGERS POINTING AT ME!!!!, UNSELFISH, PURE, TALENTED, GIFTED, BEAUTIFUL, SEXY, HONEST, BRAVE, STRONG, DEDICATED, CARING, LOVING, GIVING, YOUTHFUL, FUN, FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL, WONDERFUL, TIMELESS, PERFECT MOMMY IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE AND I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND MY BABIES ARE THE LUCKIEST KIDS IN THE UNIVERSE FOR HAVING YOU AS THIER MOMMY..... THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO...... YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!

Christina E. Pope said...

That is a beautiful poem.

Honestly I have no idea what you mean about the google reader. So if I have a picture there I have no idea how I got it there, lol.