
When I was little I would get out my colored pencils and sketch pad and draw beautiful dresses. Well, in my mind they were beautiful :)
I recently started thinking about sewing- it always intrigued me but intimidation would stop me from learning how to do it. Anyhoo, a couple of months ago I went to Joann's ( one of my fav places to be) and I bought some fabric. I came home and pretty much cut out a pattern,took a picture of the cut out fabric and then emailed my StepMIL ( she is a great seamstress) and I asked her in the email if she could teach me how to sew! Btw, I didn't even know you buy patterns and cut the fabric by that!BAHA! I always wondered what those big metal things in Joann's were for! Embarrassing, I know.
To my surprise, Not only did she give me my first sewing lesson but she also bought me the greatest little sewing machine!!! I wasn't expecting it! It was such a random act of kindess!
I was so proud of myself to have made this little dress for my "Sissy Bella"! I want to share a picture with you guys! Hopefully in no time, I will have more to share! The girls over at Etsy inspire me. WOW, they have some pretty amazing lil girl dresses! I hope once I learn the basics, I can expand myself and get more creative.
Thank You Joan for sharing your knowledge of sewing and for my lovely sewing machine!
Toot-a-loo,
Shay
6 comments:
Great job I will be checking in. love you mom
Thanks Mom for the first comment!!What would we do without our momma's supporting us!!haha! love you too!
How fun! My mom bought me my first little singer too and I still sew on it, and she taught me how to sew (at a basic level!) and to quilt. I've always wanted to take a sewing class from JoAnns, let me know if you investigate that!
It is true that you learn something new everyday, because I never knew you were interested in sewing. You did a wonderful job, when can I put my order in for a new dress. You think sissy would like for me to have one like her's, lol. You did outstanding, but you should know that all ready, everything you do turns out great. Just look at those beautiful children.
Love ya,
Tonya
Tonya!!!!!I love you! No money in the world could compare to the richness that I have by having your friendship!
Hey Shana,
Since I have become chronically ill with Lupus and several other diseases that come along with Autoimmune disease, I have poured myself much deeper into all my arts/hobbies. I have expanded my paper art techniques and scrapbooking to include a ton of different mediums that I am able to learn and then teach to Katie. I then decided to delve into sewing. My mother was a brilliant seamstress, having made her own wedding gown and all the bridesmaids dresses, also the cheerleading uniforms for my private school(Christian School, much like Harvest Time), just an example of her depth of talent. She taught me to sew my first piece of clothing at age 7, and continued to teach until she passed when I was 11. I then took some lessons at age 13 frojm a friends mom that I used here and there out of necessity. So, I now decided it would be a great time to start making Katie's clothes, embroidery, and I even got Katie a child size Singer at JoAnn's that she is dying to crack open.(you should get one for your little princess, just use one of the percentage off coupons on one item and it is a great price, like $8) I just wanted to compliment you on your superior work on the first stitches out and share that I LOVE Etsy TOO. I actually am going to be selling my items on there. We are still friends on MySpace, so contact me sometime if you would ever like to get together and "be creative" Our girls may enjoy spending time together as well.
Kudos again on a design and job well done,
Vanessa
Post a Comment