Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cothern Party Fun Time

A couple Fridays ago, I picked the kids up from school. The teacher barely opened the car door before Sissy was telling me all about her picking treasures from the treasure box. The kindergartners sit at different colored tables, and if your whole table is good, they earn stars. Once they collect 10 stars they are allowed to go in the treasure box. I already knew this because of Jacye being in the class last year. However, I let her tell me all about it. She was so excited. I love hearing her excitement! I told her how awesome she is and she is being the best lil' kindergartner! Later that evening, I am going thru their folders. I opened Jayce's folder and what do I see..... The first award of the school year for having good character. (He was the first to get it in his Kindergarten class too!) My sweet- little -handsome boy heard his sister bragging all about her stuff, and here is he with this wonderful award in his backpack, and he waits for me to discover it. He would have never said anything about it. This is another time when I can see the major differences between them. I ran to his room, scooped him up and told him how unbelievably proud I was that he was my son. I praised him for all the good choices he makes, and for being an exceptional student, and an even better son. I let him know that its OK to be proud of these kind of things. He smiled his cute little smile at me and hugged me back. At this point, Sis now feels trumped. She tells me how she didn't get an award. I told her keep doing good, there is still a chance! 11out of the 19-21 students in class have the chance of earning one. Her teacher has already spoken so highly of her to me, I believe she will earn one too. I let them know that because they were both doing so good in school that we were gonna celebrate by having a Cothern party on Saturday. They started jumping and clapping! Ahh, finally excitement from both of them, and at the same time! 
So proud of you!
We did a craft at their party. We made flags for Labor Day.


We had Pizza and breadsticks- their favs

Playing with their little surprise balloons

Having the best time paying with their daddy

They laughed n played- all 3 of them!

Ready for our movie time.

Max is always right their in the mix :)

They wanted to sleep on the futon!

My babies all asleep. I love how Brian is holding both of their hands. Melts.my.heart.

Max even passed out.

We didn't do a whole lot. We didn't spend a whole lot of money. But, we did celebrate them, and tell them we are so proud of them. We did give them extra hugs and kisses. At the end of the day, all they want is to feel loved, appreciated and celebrated.

7 comments:

regina said...

i love it girl!!! and ur right at the end of the day there are only a couple of things that matter and that goes for us adults and the kids too. i always take about 5 nightly trips into the boys room and always give them more hugs and kisses until they are asleep and then i cover them up and give them 1 last kiss on there forehead while they are sound asleep. we sure do have great kids!

Shay said...

I love that Regina! I need to sneak in and give them one last kiss too!

Erica said...

You are such a good mom!

Tenny said...

That's so awesome!!! :-)

*Chrystal*

waymiss said...

Just beautiful.

Shay said...

Thanks girls!! Erica, so are you!!

Mom said...

After reading all of this you know I had to cry.You guys are my life and i pray we have many more years together