I was sitting at my computer feeling a little down about things. Wanting stuff in our lives to turn around for the better. I started clicking on things in cyberspace- you know how that goes, you end up some where totally different from where you started. I ended up on a site dedicated to abolishing childhood cancer. I read one post from a mother who lost her child to cancer days before his 1st birthday. My heart was heavy. As sad as this story is there are millions like it, and there shouldn't be. Cancer is the number one killer of children 0-20. I began to cry. I long for peace right now in my life, but in comparison to a mother/father losing their child to a disgusting vile disease named cancer is in far more need of peace than I could ever dream of needing. I prayed out for every mother, every father, every child facing cancer, and asked for peace to cover them. I cried. A lot. Ironically, I also found peace without asking for it myself. I am writing this to remind myself, and who ever reads my blog to remember the mothers and fathers who lost children to cancer, and every now and then when you're enjoying watching your child/children play or being blessed enough to tuck them in at night to say a little prayer for the families that were not so lucky. Let's be thankful for the little and big moments we have with our children. Life is so precious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sad and sweet, too! I didn't know have been having a hard time. I hope everything looks brighter soon!
Thanks Erica!! It will!! "This too shall pass"
Post a Comment