Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A letter to Jayce and Jadyn

“YOUR VISION WILL BE CLEAR ONLY WHEN YOU LOOK INTO YOUR HEART” Carl Jung


Dear Jayce and Jadyn,

I'm writing you both this letter to let you know first and foremost that I love you. There is nothing that can take the love I have for you a way. We may not always agree on things or decisions that you make, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Secondly, I want you both to know that no matter what I want you to always be your true authentic self. Don't ever allow yourself to be an image of what other people think you should be. Be you. I will accept you and love you. All I ask in return is to allow others the freedom to be their true selves as well. Its already hard enough to find yourself in the world of stereotypes, cookie cutter images and peer pressure, so try not to judge yourself when you are discovering who you are. That also goes with not judging others when they are trying to figure it all out, too. Its not always popular being your true authentic self. Especially in school when there are clicks, and the pressure to be apart of what at the time you may think is cool. In those moments it seems important, but you are gonna have to trust me when I say those short lived years are nothing compared to the rest of your lives. You may feel alone, but just know that you will meet people who love and accept you, so don't give up or cave in to be someone other than your self. When you are not being true to yourself you will not feel complete, and that could cause you to look for other things to fill the void. This is a place you do not want to be. When you are living authentically, you are living truthfully. You are giving yourself permission to let your light shine. When you are living a life that is unencumbered by what others think, you are honoring the depth of who you are and your creator. Listen to your inner voice, if something doesn't feel right its probably because you are trying to force yourself to be or do something you are not. I just want you to be the very best you, whatever that is. I love you both to the moon and back. Thank you for teaching me so much about myself and life. Always Do You!





Happy Heart,



Mommy




6 comments:

Christina E. Pope said...

That's beautiful Shana :-)

Anonymous said...

Your the best

Erica said...

So true!!!! I am glad you will start the teenage years before me, so you can give me advice!

Sweet Caroline said...

Awwww....Girl! Good to see you are still on here. I was thinking about your blog yesterday and found you again. What a beautiful letter. There is nothing more important than feeling accepted. And loved. Your kids are lucky...they have both!

Shay said...

HEEEEEY You!! How are you? I think about you every now and then :) I'm glad you found me! I stopped blogging and then started back up with no expectations of myself. lol just blog abt my fam for friends and family. Thanks for looking me up! Lets keep in touch :)

Ann said...

That is such a lovely letter...

Adorable kids:)