Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Jadyn is 5!

Well. My baby girl is officially a 5 yr old. I still can't believe it! When she came home from the hospital and had crying episodes every day and every night because of tummy problems. In and out of the doctors and hopsitals, it seemed like at that moment this day would never come. I think she was 5 months old when the saying "this to shall pass" came into fruition. Looking back, all that just made her a strong little girl. I obviously didn't like that she was in pain but it was the cards she was dealt, and we all dealt with it. After her surgery, she didn't really have anymore crying spells. She is still one determined little munchkin when needed, but she is also the sweetest lil' thing as well. She's not afraid to jump in your arms, kiss you on your face and say I love you in a room filled with her peers. She's not afraid to tell you that she doesn't want the pink girls bike but she would loved the bright green boys bike. (Why can't they make a bright green girls bike...see how early we start stereotyping things). She's not afraid to slide down a big slide into 10ft Gulf of Mexico waters. She's not afraid to wear her sparkly play high heels to her preschool graduation. She has literally lit up our world with smiles and laughter. Being a parent truly is the best thing that can happen to you. Yes, there are days when you think... bed time should be at 3pm!! lol! But, seriously that really doesn't happen much! The good days kick the bad days right in the butt! I'm glad my Sissy Bella has a good mixture of tom girl and girly. I wont be surprised if she rides her boys green speed demon bike with her sparkly high heeled shoes! I need to go fill in some more things in her baby book right now, and I'm sure I will need a box of Kleenex. Going down memory lane is always a mixture of feelings. I love you Jadyn Rayne! Girls Forever!

1 comment:

Christina E. Pope said...

She is so beautiful and although I don't really know her, I know that with a mama like you she has got to be pretty darn special.