Every year I write a letter to my kids on their birthday and little notes throughout the year. I really need to add a tab on this blog to store them as well. I'm always worried some thing is going to happen to their baby books, and every little thing I have written them would be gone. When their older I want them to have a little piece of them from when they were younger. This blog is for them. It's nice to share things with your friends and family, but what makes this meaningful to me is they will get a peek at their childhood through pictures and words that I've written.
Tonight we all sat on the bed, and I got out Jayce's book. I told him now that he is older I can read him some of the stuff I have written through the years. He sat right beside me, and more times than one he squeezed and hugged my arm. I could tell my words meant some thing to him. I love that little boy!
Tonight we all sat on the bed, and I got out Jayce's book. I told him now that he is older I can read him some of the stuff I have written through the years. He sat right beside me, and more times than one he squeezed and hugged my arm. I could tell my words meant some thing to him. I love that little boy!
Jayce,
I can't believe I'm about to say Happy 7th Birthday!! As we sat together on the bed, and flooded ourselves with your precious memories-sooo much as happened in the past 7 years!! I'm so grateful that your baby book has all things you were doing at 4-7-9+ months old. I forgot some of the cute little things you used do when you were a baby until reading it tonight. Then of course it hit me like it was yesterday! I don't want to ever forget all the special moments, and little things you and your sister do!
Like the other day, when you wrote me a letter at school on your free time to just tell me that you love me. I love that! I appreciate you thinking of me. Or the times that you and sis are supposed to be laying down, and we can hear you laughing and enjoying each other. It's so cute that we don't even want to walk in, and tell you guys to stop and go to bed. We love hearing you play so sweetly together. I am so honored to be your mom. Jayce, you are extraordinary! You have taught me so much about myself and life. You are a little teacher, and don't even know it! I do want you to stop being so hard on yourself though. Listen, if you are doing your very best, than that is all that matters. Perfection isn't needed, or expected of you. Just be the best you. Don't be afraid to try new things. We can't be perfect at everything. If you fail, try again! If it's not for you, move on! It's that simple. Don't ever let fear stop you from going after some thing. Usually in that fear, hides greatness! I love you. I believe in you, and I'm so proud of you! I had so much fun hanging out with you today at Busch Gardens. You said, it was your best birthday ever! That made us smile. You have made me smile from the moment you came into this world. I'll tell ya you have melted my heart on so many occasions. Jayce, my life is so unbelievably blessed because of you! I really am so honored that God chose me to be your mommy. How lucky am I? I'll tell you.... I am the luckiest person in the world! You are my sunshine- now and always!!




2 comments:
So sweet. His future wife will have a lot to thank you for. You are such a great mama :-)
:)) aww u are the best!!!
Post a Comment